Welcome back for another update on Xero and whats happening @ Andrew Imray.
The following are new features that have been recently added in Xero:
- Stripe Integration – not applicable for SA and Zim but similar to the PayPal integration.
- Fixed Assets – there has been a slight tweak when setting up fixed assets to allow you to map the P&L on disposals or similar to any GL account in the chart of accounts, where it was previously restricted.
- Bills – when processing bills there is now a “+” sign next to the tax rate which allows you to adjust the VAT to cater for small rounding differences.
The Xero APP for IOS is still be worked on and the future updates referred to in last month’s blog will be available soon.
TIPS and TRICKS
- Do you use Purchase Orders, if not it is a handy solution that can replace your manual order books. You can then easily match your orders to bills, once received from the supplier.
- You can also utilize the “assign expenses to a customer” function on the bills to ensure any expense incurred on behalf of your customer is tracked and when you next invoice the customer you will reminded there are billable expenses to be added. These can be invoiced as individual line items or as one line item on the sales invoice.
- When entering the unit price on bills and invoices – there is an inbuilt calculator i.e. you can type in 30 * 3 and it will insert 90 in the unit price field.
- For those clients using bank feeds (mainly in SA) plus use the following link to keep updated on your bank feed status CLICK HERE
WHATS COMING (not much change from last month)
- Office 365 Integration is being worked on.
- You will soon be able to copy bank rules from one company to another, useful if you have two companies with similar bank rules.
- You will also be able to setup default bank rules in company setup and bank rules for transfers will soon be introduced.
- IOS APP will soon have the ability to generate, edit and and send quotes on the go.
- Ship to multiple addresses on invoices to allow for an additional delivery address.
- A Bank reconciliation wizard is being developed to help match the bank statement to xero balance when it does not agree after the reconciliation has been finalized.
- Find and recode updates to include more options.
Xero was down for a short time this last month which is a very rare occurrence. In future to check your internet connection is the problem or Xero is genuine down, please use the following link CLICK HERE
I am happy to announce we installed our first Vend client this month with the recent opening of the Craft Beer and Wine Shop @ The Jam Tree. Thanks to Scott Fraser for his patience, feel free to pop down and see Vend in action at their store and check out the awesome selection of some craft beer and wine they have on sale (LIKE THEM ON FACEBOOK). To find out more on what Vend can do for your retail outlet check out our Vend webpage – CLICK HERE
A reminder we have fixed fee accounting packages available on our website (for Zimbabwe clients) with prices to suit your needs. We can also tailor make any package with a combination of options to suit your business structure. For more information on this visit our accounting services page CLICK HERE or CONTACT US.
After feedback from a number of our clients we have revised the pricing for our Payspace payroll from 1 May to now include pricing for 1-10 and 11-20 employee payrolls. We have included the new pricing (Zimbabwe only) on the Payspace page (CLICK HERE), but if you are interested and would like a quote, please feel free to CONTACT US.
Follow me on Twitter – @ImrayAndrew or on Facebook @andrewimrayconsult to keep in touch with updates on Xero, Xero Add-ons and other interesting articles.