Welcome back for another update on Xero and whats happening @ Andrew Imray. It has a been a few months since our last update but since XEROCON London 2017, there has been lot of exciting XERO updates to tell you about.
The following are new features that have been recently added in XERO:
- IOS App has been updated giving your the ability to generate, edit and send quotes on the go.
- Bank Rules – these have been updated to allow you to create a rule to transfer money between bank accounts.
The Xero APP using the latest IOS 11 now has the ability to drag and drop files between apps on your iPad – great for when you need to attach a file from an email thread.
TIPS and TRICKS
- Use the * function in your Reports to show your most used reports in the Reports Menu as a favourite for easy access.
- You can customise reports to suit your business requirements and save them in the “Custom” tab for future use, if you need any assistance with these CONTACT US.
- In the “Financial” reports section use the “Business Performance” report to * the ratios/percentages you want to see on your dashboard (remember these will be user based and not seen by other users).
- Are you using the “bank feeds” or the “import statements” features to reconcile your bank accounts? You can even import petty cash schedules in a template format (please note bank feeds are not available in Zimbabwe but something we are working on).
- New Expense Claims – this feature is being rolled out over the next month or so and will appear in your “Accounts” menu under “New Expense Claims” CLICK HERE for more information. There is a separate IOS APP already available in some iTunes stores, with the Android APP coming soon. Great feature of this new app will be the OCR technology it uses so you no longer have to enter the information manually. New expense claim reports will also make it easier to analyse expenses claimed by employee and type. You will also be able to submit claims on behalf of other users. Additional features to be rolled out at a later stage will be the ability to track business mileage, multi-currency expense claims, apply tracking category defaults, and receive email notifications advising when a claim is ready for approval.
- Projects – this new feature will help track time and money spent on specific jobs/tasks and will also come with its own mobile APP. It is already available as a separate menu item in most of XERO companies, with more features being added soon and future integrations with timesheet software, quotes and project templates in XERO, CLICK HERE for more information.
I am happy to announce we integrated our first IKENTOO client last month with the recent opening of the Zambezi House restaurant in Victoria Falls (LIKE THEM ON FACEBOOK). For more information on what Ikentoo can do CONTACT US.
We also completed our first RE-LEASED / XERO integration with Property Link, thanks to Margot and Martine for their patience. CONTACT US for more information on this great property management software.
A reminder we have fixed fee accounting packages available on our website (for Zimbabwe clients) with prices to suit your needs. We can also tailor make any package with a combination of options to suit your business structure. For more information on this visit our accounting services page CLICK HERE or CONTACT US. While these fees remain constant for now, our hourly consultancy fees will be increasing with effect from 1 November 2017.
Follow me on Twitter – @ImrayAndrew or on Facebook @andrewimrayconsult to keep in touch with updates on Xero, Xero Add-ons and other interesting articles.