Welcome again to another update on Xero and whats happening @ Andrew Imray.
The following are new features that have been recently added in XERO:
- IOS App has been updated further – the cash flow forecast graph now appears on the Dashboard and you can now pretty much use all features of the browser in Quotes on the APP with the exception of adding files which is being developed. You can manage existing quotes, editing them later on the phone after creating them initially from your computer.
- XERO HQ has been updated so your advisors can provide more assistance and communicate directly in Xero with you as clients.
- Fixed Assets Tweak – you can now advance depreciation for a period when you have no depreciable assets but buy something later in the year. There was a previous workaround, but this has now included as an improved feature.
The Xero APP using the latest IOS 11 now has the ability to drag and drop files between apps on your iPad – great for when you need to attach a file from an email thread.
TIPS and TRICKS
- Use the Rules function and Cash Coding in tandem to speed up allocation of cash items in your bank reconciliations.
- As we approach year end – are you aware of the Fixed Asset Register and tools in Xero to keep your Fixed Assets up to date. CONTACT US for any assistance in this area.
- Do you know how to customise reports to suit your needs, again CONTACT US for any assistance in this area.
- More advancements in XERO HQ will allow your advisor to see more of whats happening in your business and help where needed.
- Bills – these are being enhanced to give you the ability to view and search for expenses in more detail including expense claims.
- Projects – this was highlighted last month but have kept it here as some people have been asking more questions on what it can do. This new feature will help track time and money spent on specific jobs/tasks and will also come with its own mobile APP. It is already available as a separate menu item in most of XERO companies, with more features being added soon and future integrations with timesheet software, quotes and project templates in XERO, CLICK HERE for more information. More information to come in the next update.
- Find and Recode tweaks are being added.
- Email facelifts are being worked on and more integration with your email software.
- And lastly for those using Android devices, don’t feel left out, there are more improvements and tweaks expected in the coming months.
As the end of the year draws close feel free to CONTACT US for help with year end procedures or assistance with 4th Quarter QPDs that are due on 20th of December.
I will be available for most of the festive season, but for those of you travelling before the last blog update of the year, Best Wishes for the festive season and travel safe!!
Follow me on Twitter – @ImrayAndrew or on Facebook @andrewimrayconsult to keep in touch with updates on Xero, Xero Add-ons and other interesting articles.